Friday, May 7, 2010

Life on Mars?

I went to the footy again on Sat’dee, and I realised a few things.

The most obvious was something I alluded to last week. While the Dees are driving in the right direction, they’re a few streets adrift of where they should be, may not have a Melways, and shit, is that a nail in their front left hand tyre?

The other very obvious thing I remembered is Etihad could very well be called Etihasn’t for all the atmosphere it has. It’s like a NASA experiment in introducing communities to an erstwhile lifeless planet.
How can you get excited there? Even Elton John knows Mars aint the kinda place to raise your kids hopes.

But the biggest mystery is this: Who are these North supporters? They’re weird. Do they have a pulse?
I was sat in the midst of a bunch of them and their team’s winning, again, but all they focused on all day was sniping at Melbourne supporters. “There! that’s your future!!” smugly, as one of our young bloods missed a goal. “It’s 1964 all over again” (I’m sure they meant POST 1964, but you get their drift). “I hear the snow’s going to be good this year”. Geez I could have pissed myself laughing for a century over that one. Fuckin Greg Champion.
Now, I’m well used to that kinda arrogant shite from Bombers supporters, but Roos supporters? What did you do lately? Watch the game and get outta my face, turd. (The bombers’ll get their shit rammed back up their rectal passages big-time soon too by the way. Marked 'Return to Sender').

I have a theory that Kangas supporters are a lost branch of a Doggies tribe who went looking for greener pastures generations back (probably about the time of the 10 year rule) and who could never find their way back, leaving their hearts, souls and knitting with the original Doggie parent tribe. Oh yes they had a few seasons of plenty, but now is drought and their love is gone. Opportunistic bastards. This may explain why Dogs supporters are always knitting too, a longing for lost family.

OK, I’ve vented, now I’m ready for the Doggies game tonight, in a world of pinkness, oxygen and civilisation. Another G&T thanks James, by the way, is it true what they say about the snow...?

No comments:

Post a Comment