Friday, May 7, 2010

Drunk on a ladder. Round 6.



Joy and heartbreak this week.

Joy in that the comps come back to an all-in-brawl again, just when it looked like an elitist splinter group was making some headway. But the advance party has been caught by the peloton again, having done the wind-breaking, hard-riding. Good to have ya back Dave.

Heartbreak for one Drunk, not on a world-scale, but on a Drunk-scale, which as we know is far more important.
Stoddy, Kiwi Matt, which I'm sure are names he's never been referred to elsewhere, reckons he placed his tips in the stupid footytips site and went happily home to accumulate 8 Big Wins, only to find the tips weren't actually registered.

I don't know Matt but I have no doubt his tale is 100% true, and this is a cautionary tale for all Drunks. This happened once, maybe twice last year, in fact it almost happened to me, until I noticed in time that the tips I knew I'd made one week hadn't actually registered.

I don't know why or how this happens, but I suspect it's tips made in haste and MAYBE you've refreshed/moved on before the tips get through. I really don't know, but beware, be alert, it does tell you when your tips are in. Don't go anywhere til you've read that little confirmation.

Sincere sympathy to Matt, especially given he'd be out in front by two, this was a hell of good week to have got an 8 and he's probably related to me back in Neanderthal days, but as I explained to him, there's nothin I can do.

Meanwhile '07 winner Franco has nosed his way ahead of Stan, Dave and Rob.

Taffa thinks I give him a hard time, and he's right. He's having a great start to the season, which I just can't get used to. It may not last, but he should rightly enjoy it while the sun shines. Sorry Taffa, I'll make it up to you somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment