Friday, July 9, 2010

Drunk on a ladder. Round 14.


A highly fateful round last week. A weekend where a couple of cms means the difference between life and Drunk death...
No less than 5 perfect 8s. Hearty slaps on the back to Franco, Frankie, Brenton, Dirk and Stan. And, I believe we picked up the first ZERO in PunchDrunk history. Certainly since my days at the receptionist desk anyway. Pat learnt the hard way that this was not the week to neglect placing your tips, with all the home sides getting up.
We have ourselves a shiny brand-new leader this week, with Brenton who's been close all year getting his nose past Grant, who's still the bridesmaid at this stage.
We also have a new rock supporting us down in there in 39th. Katie, in her inaugural season has taken the baton from Sydney Phil, who reckons he's held it long enough.

Sometimes you win both the close ones, sometimes you lose both, it's worse when you're celebrating that at least you'd picked the Crows (always a moral difficulty) and won that one, til you log into the comp and realise that, in rushing out to the Drink on thursday eve, you'd had a momentarily ill-advised thought bubble and gone the Dons.
It's over for me now chaps, you go on without me. I'll just stay and perish here, halfway up Everest.... Just leave me one pack of Trailmix and the Sporting Globe.

1 comment:

  1. Rock bottom, eh? In the words of KISS:

    "I can't wait a day
    I don't care what you say
    Oh yeah, you got to pay
    When you hit rock bottom
    ROCK BOTTOM
    oh, you know you oughta treat me good
    ROCK BOTTOM
    Oh, you never treat me like you should."
    [Repeat 'til fade.]

    Glad I've given you some temporary relief, Phil - but I ain't staying here long.

    ReplyDelete