Friday, June 18, 2010

Damn this deja voodoo.

I read a kids' book when I was a kid (not sure if that was just a coincidence) called A Wrinkle in Time. I remember reading it, don't remember a damn thing about it, I think it was pretty-much a Dr Who episode really, sans Billy Piper or that redhead chick, where the time/space continuum gets all confused and people wake next to dinosaurs or Napolean or somesuch.
Anyway it happened to me last weekend.
I was up at the country residence for the first time in ages, and just like last time I missed a local Dees game, for the first time in ages. We were playing the Pies, just like last time. This is where the screen goes a bit wobbly. Ended up watching the second half only, again (damn country TV guides). The Dees were looking like winning a game against the Pies they should have lost. Again. Then ended up losing a game they should have won, by about one umpiring decision. Just like last time. I blame the Queen.

Looking forward to what looks like being a good turn-up for the PunchDrink July 1.
I'm sure there'll be lots of controversial topics to discuss; do we really want our beautiful game blighted by Rugby League has-beens? Which Riewoldt is the real deal? Will the kid be born with tatts? Should we switch to a bottle of red yet? How many different types of animal are there in your Bogan Burger?

No comments:

Post a Comment