Friday, April 9, 2010

And how would sir like his devastation this week...?

Total, and utterly beyond doubt? Or tantalisingly close to triumph, but failure nonetheless?
In a day when a one point loss is a victory of sorts, I guess the answer’s easy.
It could have been worse I guess. We could have beaten the Filth and I would have been off elsewhere, fattening myself on buns, chocolate and other lard products.
It would have been a nightmare to have missed it, I reckon I’ve been to 35 games in the past 3 seasons and had joy in about 5. As the Dalai keeps saying to me “You know Dick, that’s why God invented beer” To which I always reply “Do you Buddhist guys actually have a God?” and his response is always “Don’t get me started...”.
Well, it may not be funny repartee to the rest of you, but we roll around for hours, then get ourselves another Coopers. It always seems to be my shout, The Dalai fobs me off with promises of a world of beer in my next life. “What comes around...”
So anyway I watched the second half of the game from the comfort of the ladies lounge at the Daylesford Hotel and the Dees were playing a game I hadn’t seem them play for 3 and a half years. The bloke next to me told me it was called ‘football’.

No comments:

Post a Comment